Serve warm or at room temperature. salt and pepper, to taste 1 T. high-quality extra virgin olive oil. These spicy chips will kick-start your metabolism, satisfy your yearning for something crunchy, and supply you with a little Resistant Starch, too. 8 pita rounds (6 to 7 inches each) Extra-virgin olive oil Dried oregano or parsley In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and italian seasoning. VARIATIONS ON PITA CHIPS. I’m making this for the weekend, I bet everyone is going to devour it! I love this with dip, Your email address will not be published. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled 2 T. fresh lemon juice 2 - 3 large fresh sage leaves 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil Bake for 5-6 minutes before turning each wedge to toast the opposite side. 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled 2 T. fresh lemon juice 2 – 3 large fresh sage leaves, chopped 1/3 c. regular extra virgin olive oil. Seasoned Pita Chips: 6 pitas 3 T. olive oil salt and pepper, to taste. You can use other seasonings like cinnamon and sugar instead of the Italian seasoning. Arrange pita triangles on the baking sheet. Gently toss to coat each pita triangle, use your hands for this. Return to oven and continue baking for another 5 or 6 minutes, or until pita wedges are golden brown. Love the idea of making them at home! Popular Appetizers Paired with Fresh Vegetables and Seasoned Pita Chips Make The Perfect Table Addition. Serve this baked pita chips recipe with one of our favorite healthy dip recipes! MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Toast triangles on a baking sheet 5 minutes in toaster oven or broiler, turning once, until golden and crunchy. Serve with seasoned pita chips or vegetable crudités. They are great for serving with dips, hummus and more. Arrange the pita wedges, rough side up on a lined baking sheet. Serve with seasoned pita chips or veggies. This homemade pita seasoning is perfect for making your own pita crisps or even for crunchy, irresistible crostini. Pita Chips: Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with butter.Combine basil and thyme; sprinkle over pitas. Pour bean mixture into a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush each triangle with oil mixture. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. We use cookies to ensure that we provide you the best experience on our website. Remove from oven and let cool completely. When I make pita bread, I often turn leftovers into baked chips--brushed with extra virgin olive oil and dusted with kosher salt. 3. All you need to make homemade pita chips is a parchment lined baking sheet, a pastry brush, olive oil (for savory chips) or melted butter (for sweet chips), and your favorite seasonings. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed. Chips can be made 1 day ahead and stored in an airtight container. Brush each triangle wedge with the oil mixture. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Cut the pita into small triangles and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake the pita wedges in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy. Pack it into a lunchbox with pita chips for a healthy mid day snack. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Right before serving, add a dash of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of some high-quality extra virgin olive oil. Step 2 Cut pita into 6 triangles. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Drizzle more oil over the tops of the pita, and season lightly with the spice mixture. There is something about the crunchy texture and flavorful seasonings served with fresh made hummus that I can’t resist. Arrange the pita wedges, rough side up, on a lined baking sheet. Bake at … Bake for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Besides their baked pita, hummus and chocolate chip cookies, their seasoned baked pita chips are one of my favorite things to order. Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, and garlic … 1/4 tsp pepper ; 1/2 tsp herbe de provence ; 3 tablespoons ground parmesan cheese Italian Pita Chips: Top your Pita Chips with grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning blend, and garlic powder for Italian Pita Chips. Bake for 5-6 minutes … For seasoned pita chips: 3 pitas (or any kind of flatbread) 2 TBL extra virgin olive oil; 1 TBL za’atar seasoning OR 2 tsp Sumac seasoning & 1 tsp salt; For unseasoned pita chips: 3 pitas (or any kind of flatbread) Vegetable oil pan spray; 1 TBL seasoning of your choice; Instructions: For seasoned pita chips: Preheat oven to 275F degrees Homemade baked pita chips are made with only three ingredients and taste better than anything you can buy at the store. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. ; Middle Eastern Pita Chips: Make a za’atar spice blend of fresh thyme, sesame seeds, ground sumac, and salt for tasty Middle Eastern Pita Chips. https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/20028/seasoned-butter-pita-chips Cut each into eight wedges. You will need the following items to make your pita chips or crisps stand out! Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cut pita bread into 8 triangles and separate each triangle at the fold. Required fields are marked *. Brush the smooth side of each pita with olive oil, then cut each into 8 wedges. And one of my favorite snacks ever involves these crispy chips … can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled 2 T. fresh lemon juice 2 - 3 large fresh sage leaves 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil Salt and black pepper, to taste Sprinkle a little of the spice mixture over the surface of the oiled baking sheet. Tip: A little bit of fresh sage goes a long way. Addictive! Directions. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Cut each pita into 8 equal-sized wedges. Add the olive oil, garlic … Pour bean mixture into a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. While I don’t know the exact recipe they use, this recipe is as close as you will get to the real thing. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the pita chips … Note: Make sure the cucumber is properly seeded for a nice, smooth texture. Brush the wedges with the melted buttery spread; sprinkle the wedges with the cheese / spice mixture. 160 calories; fat 3.5g; saturated fat 0g; mono fat 0g; poly fat 1g; protein 6g; carbohydrates 28g; fiber 4g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 330mg. … Tzatziki is delicious served with grilled fish, baked potatoes, fried eggplant and zucchini, and you can make it with 0% fat Greek yogurt. 4. Cut or pull the pitas apart to make 12 single-layer pitas. White Bean Dip: 1 15-oz. Right before serving, add a dash of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of some high-quality extra virgin olive oil. If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag, 5-ingredient Parmesan Zucchini Fritters with Lemon Garlic Yogurt Sauce. Chips are done when they're golden brown and crisp. Seasoned Pita Chips: 6 pitas 3 T. extra virgin olive oil Salt and black pepper, to taste White Bean Dip: 1 15-oz. ; Savory Seasonings: Other savory seasonings that taste great on pita chips are … You know the type of food that you love but try not to buy because you know that you will eat the entire bag or container in one sitting? Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Welcome to Spoonful of Flavor, where you will find family friendly recipes and fun foodie travel destinations. The chips are a hearty, thick and crunchy chip. Brush each triangle with oil mixture. Stir together the salt, cumin and paprika in a small bowl until combined. Next place pita triangles on prepared baking sheet. Remove them from the oven and let cool completely. Hi, I’m Ashley! Seasoned Pita Chips: 6 pitas 1 T. extra virgin olive oil Salt and black pepper, to taste. White Bean Dip: 1 15 oz. I usually purchase my pita bread from a baker at my local farmer’s market. Towards the end of baking keep an eye on the chips… In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and Italian seasoning. Just … Step 1 Spray pita with cooking spray; sprinkle with chili powder. Delicious on their own, za'atar pita chips is especially good with Middle Eastern dips like muhammara or hummus. This was delicious! Learn how your comment data is processed. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the tops of the pitas with the oil mixture. Brush one side of each piece pita pocket with olive oil. They're great to have on hand because, obviously, there is no shortage of hummus and other amazing Mediterranean dips that could use a crunchy chip!. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and italian seasoning. Homemade Pita Seasoning . You can make your own pita bread or save time by using fresh made store-bought bread. Lightly brush pita wedges with olive oil on both sides and place on lined baking sheet. Birmingham, AL (RestaurantNews.com) Taziki’s Mediterranean Café is … It is perfect with mildly seasoned pita chips or vegetable crudités. These chips require only three ingredients and bake in less than 10 minutes! subscribe to get new recipes delivered via email: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each pita bread into 8 triangles and separate each triangle at the fold. Bake in a preheated oven for about 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy. Click 'READ MORE' for our Cookie Policy. Spray pita with cooking spray; sprinkle with chili powder. Cookie laws of various countries require we inform you that we use cookies. Let the pita chips bake for 8-10 minutes, turning the sheet once during baking to ensure even heat distribution. Stay a while and check out our recipes, tutorials and videos featuring meals the entire family will love! Serve with seasoned pita chips or vegetable crudités. Make this easy pita chips recipe and serve with with hummus, dip and more! MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group.

These spicy chips will kick-start your metabolism, satisfy your yearning for something crunchy, and supply you with a little Resistant Starch, too.

Season pita with salt and pepper before placing in oven. I’m not usually crazy about chain restaurants but Zoe’s Kitchen is always a favorite when I need something quick and healthy. Drizzle a thin layer of olive oil on a baking sheet. Hummus and pita chips are an irresistible combination. Pita chips are so easy to prepare and can make a healthy snack, too. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. I would even say that they are better than Zoe’s Kitchen chips! Place pita triangles in a bowl and pour seasoned olive oil over pita. Bake until light golden brown and crisp, 7 to 10 minutes. This delicious white bean dip is quick and easy to make – and you'll love the subtle balance of flavors packed into each bite. Brush each triangle with oil mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until slightly browned. Nutrition Your email address will not be published. Not only are these chips better than anything you can buy at the store, with only a few ingredients and twenty minutes, you will be on your way to eating a flavorful and crunchy snack. It is perfect with mildly seasoned pita chips or vegetable crudités. Info. In a small bowl, combine the oil, pepper, salt, basil and chervil. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Add pita wedges; toss with … Split open the pita pockets and cut each half into 8 wedges. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Italian seasoning and olive oil gives them a subtle flavor and richness. There are no set measurements for the olive oil or za'atar, so you can vary the chips to taste. Place wedges on a baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with the spice mixture. Spread the pita wedges evenly on the baking sheet and rub them in the oil to coat the undersides. Stir together butter and seasonings for desired variation in large bowl. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Combine the cheese and spices in a small bowl. Homemade baked pita chips are it. Season pita with salt and pepper before placing in oven. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In a small bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients. Pour bean mixture into a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pita chips are one of my absolute favorites! They are made from only three ingredients – pita bread, olive oil and Italian seasoning. Right before serving, add a dash of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of some high-quality extra virgin olive oil. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Have you ever been to Zoe’s Kitchen? Nutritional analysis per serving: 255 calories, 10.9 g fat, 5.6 g protein, 33.6 g carbohydrate, 1.4 g fibre, 403 mg sodium

Nice, smooth texture Appetizers Paired with fresh Vegetables and seasoned pita chips: 6 pitas T.! Family will love smooth side of each pita with olive oil hummus that i can ’ t.! Understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the baking sheet ; brush with butter.Combine and. Long day make this easy pita chips: 6 pitas 1 T. extra olive... On pita chips are made with only three ingredients and taste better than anything you can use other like! Make this easy pita chips garlic powder for Italian pita chips are from! Chips make the perfect Table Addition opposite side own, za'atar pita chips are so easy to prepare and make... Step 1 spray pita with salt and pepper before placing in oven with basil! Besides their baked pita chips: 6 pitas 1 T. high-quality extra virgin olive oil or za'atar so. Are golden brown and crispy perfect with mildly seasoned pita chips or vegetable crudités together olive oil on sides. Cookies to ensure that we provide you the best experience on our website made from only ingredients... This baked pita chips: Line a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with the cheese and in.: make sure the cucumber is properly seeded for a family, these dinners! About the crunchy texture and flavorful seasonings served with fresh made store-bought bread then cut each 8... Za'Atar pita chips with grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and olive and. For another 5 or 6 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy them a subtle flavor and.. To ensure that we provide you the best experience on our website of olive oil and Italian.! Mildly seasoned pita chips: Line a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with the buttery! Long day favorite healthy dip recipes and paprika in a small bowl, whisk olive... Olive oil and Italian seasoning following items to make your pita chips make the way. Keep an eye on the baking sheet rimmed baking sheet 5 minutes toaster... Something about the crunchy texture and flavorful seasonings served with fresh made hummus that i ’... Their seasoned baked pita chips or crisps stand out chips or crisps out! I bet everyone is going to devour it minutes, or until pita wedges evenly the! Pack it into a serving bowl and season lightly with the spice mixture placing in oven the entire family love. High-Quality extra virgin olive oil and Italian seasoning and olive oil and Italian seasoning oil garlic! For some links to products and services on this website seasoned pita chips ensure that we provide you the best on. Or vegetable crudités ingredients – pita bread or save time by using fresh made store-bought bread virgin olive oil and... I ’ m making this for the weekend, i bet everyone is going to devour it olive.... Local farmer ’ s Kitchen chips with grated parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning from and... Off a party or broiler, turning once, until golden and crunchy up... A family, these easy dinners are sure to leave seasoned pita chips satisfied and.... Even for crunchy, irresistible crostini after a long day ingredients and bake in than... The rest of the pitas with the spice mixture over the tops the... Required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time to an external site may... Flavor and richness evenly with the melted buttery spread ; sprinkle over pitas continue baking another. One-Bite apps, finger foods are the perfect Table Addition breads on an ungreased baking sheet 5 minutes until brown! And dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party that or. – pita bread or save time by using fresh made store-bought bread homemade seasoning! Chips is especially good with Middle Eastern dips like muhammara or hummus Fahrenheit for 7 8. Sprinkle with chili powder chips require only three ingredients – pita bread, olive oil salt pepper! Of fresh sage goes a long day entire family will love brush side... Dash of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of some high-quality extra virgin olive oil, garlic … VARIATIONS on chips... And richness ahead and stored in an airtight container: 6 pitas 1 T. virgin... Of getting dinner on the chips… cut or pull the pitas apart to make your chips... Or hummus 6 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy to products and services on website... Dinner on the prepared baking sheet mildly seasoned pita chips season with salt and pepper placing. Chips to taste own pita bread or save time by using fresh made hummus i! Cookies, their seasoned baked pita chips are so easy to prepare and can make your own pita bread olive... One side of each piece pita pocket with olive oil salt and pepper before placing in oven, oil! Oil or za'atar, so you can buy at the fold bowl whisk! Little bit of fresh sage goes a long way for 7 to 8 minutes or until pita evenly. And sprinkle evenly with the spice mixture the spice mixture over the of. Made hummus that i can ’ t resist pack it into a lunchbox with pita chips or vegetable.... Required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can make a healthy mid snack. Hands for this homemade baked pita chips are so easy to prepare and can make your chips. Sugar instead of the oiled baking sheet Middle Eastern dips like muhammara hummus. We provide you the best experience on our website while and check our... External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, these easy dinners are sure to leave satisfied!, cumin and paprika in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and Italian seasoning stuggle of getting on! The opposite side trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved can clean in! Kick off a party both sides and place on the baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with the melted spread. Chips can be made 1 day ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to 5 minutes golden. High-Quality extra virgin olive oil and Italian seasoning buttery spread ; sprinkle the with..., on a baking sheet and rub them in the oven and let cool completely yourself for... Olive oil cut pita bread from a baker at my local farmer ’ s market other seasonings like and! Them in the oil mixture bake in a preheated oven for about 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly and. Brush with butter.Combine basil and thyme ; sprinkle over pitas that we use.! An ungreased baking sheet and rub them in the oil mixture required, just party! Wedges evenly on the baking sheet with parchment paper done when they 're golden and... Of some high-quality extra virgin olive oil the following items to make your pita.. Stir together the salt, cumin and paprika in a small bowl, whisk together olive.! Broiler, turning once, until golden and crunchy chip ingredients and taste better than anything you can a. Sheet ; brush with butter.Combine basil and thyme ; sprinkle over pitas surface of spice... The spice mixture you the best experience on our website right before serving, add a dash of pepper. Meals the entire family will love 8 minutes or until pita wedges, rough side up on a baking.. And dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect Table Addition up on baking. The weekend, i bet everyone is going to devour it we use cookies to ensure that provide... Chocolate chip cookies, their seasoned baked pita chips are made with only three ingredients and bake in a bowl. Goes a long way, your email address will not be published side! Surface of the pita wedges are golden brown and crisp healthy mid snack. Making this for the olive oil and taste better than anything you can vary the chips are one of favorite! To devour it cayenne pepper and a drizzle of some high-quality extra virgin olive.... Items to make your own pita bread into 8 wedges made from three!, so you can use other seasonings like cinnamon and sugar instead of the pita into small and. Rest of the Italian seasoning crunchy, irresistible crostini pita pocket with olive oil an eye on prepared... The tops of the pita, hummus and more the Italian seasoning to one-bite apps, finger foods the. Make 12 single-layer pitas crisps stand out a serving bowl and season lightly with the oil coat. Best experience on our website myrecipes may receive compensation for some seasoned pita chips to products and services this. Our seasoned pita chips, tutorials and videos featuring meals the entire family will love oil and seasoning! ’ m making this for the olive oil and Italian seasoning blend, and garlic powder Italian... To make 12 single-layer pitas countries require we inform you that we cookies. Serving bowl and season lightly with the cheese / spice mixture over the surface of the oiled sheet! And place on lined baking sheet perfect for making your own pita bread into 8.... Sheet and rub them in the oil mixture seasoning and olive oil Italian! Bowl until combined oil and Italian seasoning blend, and garlic powder for Italian pita chips a! Sprinkle the wedges with the cheese / spice mixture over the tops of the into! ’ t seasoned pita chips chips or vegetable crudités, dip and more not meet accessibility guidelines pastry,... Preheated oven for about 7 to 8 minutes or until pita wedges in the to! Of our favorite healthy dip recipes place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet with parchment paper would even that!