Peanut Butter Smores Pita Pizza 1½ cups warm water; 1 teaspoon instant yeast; 4½ cups (540 grams) bread flour, divided, plus more as needed; 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for your bowl The amazing flavors at our favorite Indian restaurant inspired these mini pizzas. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Trader Joe’s Just Spilled Details About 9 Products Coming to Stores This Holiday Season, Hot Cocoa “Charcuterie” Boards Are Our Favorite New Holiday Trend, Nutrition Open pita pockets by cutting around the perimeter; you'll end up with two circles from each pita. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of sauce on the pita. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spoon pizza sauce over pita rounds. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread each pitta with 1 tsp purée. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe These Spinach and Feta Pita Pizzas are a great appetizer or even filling enough for a meal . Only 250-300 calories per pizza so you don’t have to feel guilty about anything in this healthy recipe. Experiment with different toppings such as sweetcorn and ham. Something we have been making a lot lately is this Pita Pizza Recipe. Toast until the cheese begins to melt and the edges of the pita are toasted and … Spread 2-3 tbsp of the pizza sauce on each of the pita bread. All Right Reserved. Turkey Apple Pita Pocket Slices of lean turkey and natural Swiss cheese, topped with apple and lettuce, rolled in a Greek Pita to create a truly unique-tasting sandwich. Spread 1 tablespoon tomato sauce on top of meat and … Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Evenly distribute the broccoli and olives onto each of the pizzas. Place the pita bread on the prepared baking sheet. Place on the hot sheet and bake for 10 mins until the pittas are crisp, the cheese has melted and the chorizo has frazzled edges. I haven’t made a pita pizza on a pizza stone but I’m sure you could. Pearl mozzarella isn't just for snacking! Core the tomatoes and halve them crosswise, then squeeze the juices and seeds into a large bowl. Place pita on a foil-lined toaster-oven pan. Place on baking sheet and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Info. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded dairy-free cheese on each of the pita bread. Now add salt, olive oil and almost all the remaining flour (keep about 1/2 cup of the flour for dusting … Top with mozzarella and desired toppings. Sprinkle basil over the pizza and cut into wedges if desired. Swiss and salami have had their day. pre-sliced chorizo. Pepperoni Pizza Savory pepperoni, ripe tomatoes, natural mozzarella cheese. 2 1/2 fat, 2 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 medium-fat protein. Arrange tomato and mozzarella on top. https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/a19926817/pita-pizza-recipes Get two bags of premium coffee beans for £20 + P&P, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. For the Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the pitas on it. https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/whole-wheat-pita-bread-pizza Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! Top with the tomatoes, shallot, chorizo and cheddar. To make a Greek mini pizza, spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on a pita. Tandoori Spiced Chicken Pita Pizza with Greek Yogurt and Cilantro My family and I are big picnickers, and I'm always looking for new dishes to try in the great outdoors. 376 calories; protein 13.8g 28% DV; carbohydrates 42g 14% DV; dietary fiber 7.1g 28% DV; sugars 4.6g; fat 18.2g 28% DV; saturated fat 4.8g 24% DV; cholesterol 20.3mg 7% DV; vitamin a iu 3853.5IU 77% DV; vitamin c 26.7mg 45% DV; folate 160.6mcg 40% DV; calcium 233.4mg 23% DV; iron 3.7mg 20% DV; magnesium 79.4mg 28% DV; potassium 615mg 17% DV; sodium 455.1mg 18% DV; thiamin 0.3mg 32% DV. Scatter with basil, if you like, and serve with a green salad. Brush evenly with 1 teaspoon oil. Pita pizza is so simple, yet so wondrously satisfying, and it really is hard for me to imagine an easier dinner that can still be nutritious. Arrange tomato and mozzarella on top. Add the arugula but don't toss; set aside. best results, use Lay the pita bread flat on a sheet pan or pizza pan. Place on the hot sheet and bake for 10 mins until the pittas are crisp, the cheese has melted and the … Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Cover pita with mozzarella cheese. Everyone loves pizza but takeout gets expensive. Good Food Deal You want to use the flat side of the pita bread for toppings. chorizo and cut it Top with fresh spinach, roasted peppers, mozzarella and feta cheese and sliced kalamative olives. Pita pizza recipe. A little goes a long way. Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake until cheese melts. Sprinkle with cooked meat and vegetable mixture. Offers may be subject to change without notice. and shredded ham. Meanwhile, line two baking sheets with parchment paper and place 3 pitas in each baking sheet. than buying Ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Quick & Easy Low-Calorie 20-Minute Dinner Recipes, 2 ½ teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Add the garlic and fry … and replace the shallot and chorizo Add any of your favorite pizza ingredients. https://www.archanaskitchen.com/greek-style-grilled-pita-pizza-recipe place of the sun-dried tomato purée, with a handful sweetcorn kernels Whisk in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Make the tomato sauce: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan set … If your making them in a toaster oven you should be able to make two at a time. Place pita on a foil-lined toaster-oven pan. Recipes: CHEESE: 1 whole wheat pita 1/4 cup marinara sauce About 1/8 cup sharp cheddar cheese About 1/8 cup mozzarella cheese BBQ chicken sausage 1 whole wheat pita 2 … Toast until the cheese begins to melt and the edges of the pita are toasted and starting to brown, 5 to 8 minutes. It's real … Drizzle the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and vinegar over the greens and serve with the pita pizza. Try slicing it to top an individual pita pizza with fresh tomato and basil. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a28143766/homemade-pita-bread yourself, rather Spread tomato sauce across entire pita. Recipe from Good Food magazine, June 2010, New! For a basic pizza you will only need 3 ingredients-pita-bread, marinara sauce, and cheese of course. https://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/greek-style-15-minute-pita-pizza-recipe Though my emergency leftovers + cheese pita-pizza combo fulfilled its duty in my hour of need, I wanted the pita pizza recipe … Dice the tomatoes and toss in a separate bowl with the olives and rosemary. My kids love to make these and everyone can choose their favorite toppings. a whole piece of Brush evenly with 1 teaspoon oil. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put a baking sheet inside to heat up. Spread the pitas on a large baking sheet and place in the preheated oven 8 minutes, or until the pita … It is so easy, frugal and really delicious. What you should eat in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health. Add the onion, carrot and pepper and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly, until softened. Cook as before. you can make the pizza in the oven or in a toaster oven. Kids will love this quick supper. Spread the pittas with 4 tsp pesto in Everyone gets to make their own pizza and it is fun too.