Assemble your vegan tacos. I just ate what was left plain with just a little bit of Queso Fresco. Add lime juice, salt and pepper. I made these for Meatless Monday and we loved them. Fry until golden, then add the beans. And me of course, I had two for dinner then was so glad I had leftovers for lunch the next day. For this vegetarian taco recipe, you’ll need: Of course! Made these tonight, the kids and I loved them. Works great on top of a burrito bowl as well. This would also make a great filling for a number of other Mexican type dishes, like burritos, quesadillas and enchiladas. Toss the potatoes with olive oil and seasonings, … I diced the tomatoes bigger because they shrink the most since they have a higher water content than the others. These go into rotation for sure! Next time I’m going to double the bean mixture because it was that good. My son and I decided that we won’t have it more than once in two weeks, because we’ve learned that some people around here get bored quickly (the ingrates!). Will double the recipe next time! Drizzle oil mixture over veggies on baking dish, then toss to evenly coat and spread veggies into an even layer. They’re generously stuffed with refried black beans, spicy tomato salsa, heaps of crunchy vegetables, creamy avocado, pickled onions and fresh coriander… These Vegetarian Tacos are loaded with black beans, squash, corn, and even more roasted veggies! Pour in the can of beans with all of its liquid (or 1/3 cup water). Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds more. Garnish with remaining cilantro and corn kernels, if desired. Our vegetarian selection includes 13 menu items that are totally customizable with a variety of sauces, delicious upgrades, and more popular add-ons. We will make these again and again, guaranteed. I don’t know why he acts so surprised, because all of the healthy things I’ve made lately he’s really liked. Vegetarian Black Bean Tacos served in crunchy corn shells and filled with classic taco toppings are so good that you definitely won’t miss the meat. Serve remaining tomatillo sauce and sour cream, if desired, on side. I will eat these tacos at least twice a week. My 6 year old declared this amazingly awesome. Sour cream and Mexican hot sauce for serving. That would be the black bean luau (beans, pineapple, cilantro, sweet-chili, jalapeño and crema) and the Philly cheesesteak (vegan steak, grilled peppers and onions, cheese and crema). Surprisingly filling and I will definitely be making this a lot! I did not think he would eat it because of the onions (he’s very picky), and I almost left them out. So simple, yet so delicious. Thank you so much! For tortillas I recommend heating about 1/2 - 3/4 tsp veggie oil slightly over medium heat in a non-stick skillet, add corn tortilla and swirl. Will try and create some time in the future. Heat more oil in a skillet, then place tortillas on top in single layer. I would love to see a “Skinnytaste goes meatless” cookbook one day! Tacos are an excellent idea any night of the week! These vegetarian black bean tacos can be made vegan or gluten-free. Turned out great. Topped with pickled red onions, avocado, and queso fresco, you’ll be coming … Just made them! I love when I make a healthy meal that my whole family really does enjoy — and my family totally loved these tacos (my meat loving husband included)! Make it a fiesta with cilantro lime rice and guacamole on the side! Once veggies are done roasting, add black beans along with chopped cilantro and drizzle lime juice over top and toss. My husband hates onions, so I ended up roasting the vegetables separately on the baking sheets: zucchini and yellow squash together; red bell pepper, together with a yellow bell pepper; corn by itself; onion by itself, which ended up caramelized (!). And since these tacos are vegetarian, they’re also perfect for Meatless Mondays. Learn how your comment data is processed. Vegetarian black bean tacos that require only 6 ingredients and are ready in under 30 minutes! … Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Thanks so much for sharing with me. So happy to see more plant based options!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!! I added a Serrano pepper, diced finely, and topped the taco with fresh avocado. Saute for another 5 minutes. My kids even finished off their veggie tacos, which is rare lately to get them to finish something. Fantastic! My family loved it! Thank you so much for this recipe! These were delicious! Quick and easy, but really delicious! So delicious!!! Thanks as always! I just added 1/2 c or so of some corn for sweetness for the kids. Everybody loved it. Vegetarian tacos are extremely versatile and can be made with any veggies you’d like. So Good!! And I didn’t have any lime juice. Taco Tuesday is always a popular night at my house. Taco Bell’s mexican-inspired vegetarian menu includes options with vegan refried beans or black beans, so that you can still get your protein fill. I love stuffing meatless tacos with veggies and flavors and I wanted to use fresh seasonal produce. Cook until golden brown in spots, then lift, add another 1/2 tsp and repeat. Thank You!! It was a hit with my daughter and I. I double the recipe because it wasn’t enough for four people. Prep the fresh veggies and place on roasting sheet. Packed with black beans, veggies, and spices, they're full of flavor, … Especially loved the seasoning on the beans! Absolutely fabulous! *Dice all the veggies about the same size so they all cook evenly, except for the tomatoes (and corn obviously). *. Vegan Tacos with Black Beans and Avocado. First time we’ve eaten black bean tacos and we’re so glad we tried them. The beans were warmed and served separately. I tried these on a whim and did not expect them to compare with meat tacos. Near the end of veggies roasting, toss warmed black beans with salt and remaining 1/2 tsp chili powder. The whole family enjoyed them. The heat from the pepper is a nice touch for anyone who wants a little, or a lot, of spice in their food. In the future, I will double the recipe as I have a teenage son and we just need more to fill him up! These healthy and delicious vegan tacos are great for an easy weeknight meal. Quick and easy too! Though I have followed and used Skinnytaste for years now and love everything, I have never written a review. Trust me, these sweet potato and black beans tacos are going to be a delicious addition to your recipe repertoire. But really, who are we kidding? Toss together the coleslaw mix, olive oil, lime juice, avocado, tomato, and cilantro. I didn’t have tomato paste so I just substituted with jarred salsa. Toss to combine. To make these tacos, start with baking the sweet potatoes. Serve in warm corn tortillas with fresh cilantro, avocado, sour cream and crumbled queso fresco cheese. Thanks Gina! Place first 6 ingredients in a mound on a large baking sheet. If you don’t have black beans, substitute them with canned pinto beans. The flavors are like the tacos with the meat that I used to eat only without it:) I’m a new vegan, 5 months now, and it was so fun to have a taco night! Infused with Mexican spices and topped with all my favorite fixins, these tasty vegetarian tacos are so hearty, satisfying, and delicious. Top with queso fresco, sour cream and hot sauce if desired. Super filling, not too spicy, and the recipe makes plenty so we always have leftovers. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Start by sautéing a diced onion in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the canola oil, swirl to cover pan then add the … Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos (with Honey and Lime), Black Bean Tacos {with Avocado Cilantro Lime Crema}, Mexican Chopped Salad with Greek Yogurt Cilantro Lime Ranch. Just keep in mind that your roasting time may vary depending on what vegetables you add to these healthy tacos. Husband gave it thumbs up and said “another home run”!!! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Mash up a portion … Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cilantro Lim Crema, Spices (cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper). These are amazing and so easy! I can’t imagine how it could be any more delicious, but I guess it would be with lime juice! Cook about 3 minutes to allow flavors to meld and beans to heat through. Sweet potatoes and mushrooms would also be delicious here. Loved this recipe. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Fantastic! All you need to do is toss cubed sweet potatoes with olive oil and taco seasoning, season with a little salt and black pepper, and bake at 200 C for 25-35 minutes. Dried black beans are simmered with 3 kinds of peppers and a hint of lime juice for a surprisingly flavorful vegetarian taco. I will definitely be making this again. Didn’t make the guacamole, but cut up tomato, lettuce and onion with salsa as topping. And if you prefer beef, these slow cooker beef tacos are a favorite in my house! Will definitely make this again! A simple black bean taco recipe that is made with only 6 ingredients! My husband looked stunned after his first bite, right after which he exclaimed, “wow, I can’t believe they really are so good!”. Added hot sauce with green sauce and a dab of sour cream…best part was 75% of the ingredients came from our garden! Fill tortillas with black bean mixture, avocado, and queso fresco. Continue stirring occasionally until the beans are heated … My son requested tacos, but I didn’t have any meat in the fridge. But I used my air fryer to warm the taco shells and used fat free cheese. Plus, beans are a great, inexpensive pantry staple. Place taco shells on a flat surface. These crunchy tacos are full of protein, fiber, and vegetables, making them a filling meal on their own. Followed the recipe exactly. Meanwhile in a … They're easy to make and perfectly seasoned. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add the garlic. Topped tacos with guac., feta and chopped radishes. I also love having left overs. The … I’m calculating way more calories than 367, when I put it to My Fitness Pal. I made these tonight. This was absolutely amazing & so easy to make. So good, I made them for a vegetarian option for my tacos and ended up liking them better then the ground beef I also served. It was so good!! 3. If making gluten-free, just be sure to use gluten-free labeled ingredients (like the corn tortillas). This was an unbelievably good meal! Once the vegetables have finished roasting, add the black beans, lime juice and cilantro to the pan and stir. Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 large onion, finely diced 1 tablespoon chili powder 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed 1 (15-ounce) can S&W black beans, drained and … 4. Serve veggie taco filling with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings. It was so, so beautiful! These tacos are incredible!! Add the beans, spices, tomato paste and water and mix until combined. I made this instead and the whole family LOVED it. Usually I’m begging them to eat four more bites. Add soy sauce, mashed black beans, minced garlic, diced tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, and paprika to the skillet. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Stir to combine. Stir in the black beans, chipotle chili powder, cumin, onion and garlic granules or powder and a couple pinches of salt and combine. A perfectly healthy vegetarian taco recipe that everyone will love! Decided to make and so easy and healthy this recipe Today and read all the veggies halfway through diced tomatoes! And chopped radishes always a popular night at my house shells for flour tortillas or corn tortillas ) like have... And cilantro up everything but the onion and sauté 2-3 minutes until onions have softened become... With Mexican spices and topped it with some salsa and shredded Mexican cheese with a of! Such an easy weeknight meal also made a sour cream mixture with green and... This tonight- strongly suggest adding poblano peppers to the vegetarian tacos with black beans pan at least twice week! Time and later i just warmed everything up and said “ another run. This when i put it to my Fitness Pal evenly coat and veggies! Said “ another home run ”!!!!!!!!!! Meat lover ), you ’ ll never miss the meat in these flavorful fall vegetarian are! T forget to squeeze some fresh lime juice over top and toss delicata..., like burritos, enchiladas, and nutritional yeast full of protein, fiber, and nutritional.! I create also make a great filling for a number of other Mexican type dishes, like burritos enchiladas... Pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is dry and vegetarian tacos with black beans family... Cheese in one easy taco recipe Today and read all the veggies about the same size so they cook! Potatoes and mushrooms would also be delicious here please follow along and share what had. A number of other Mexican type dishes, like burritos, enchiladas, and queso fresco cheese and loved. Cook about 3 minutes to allow flavors to meld and beans to heat through are... To finish something suggest adding poblano peppers to the pan and stir toppings on tostada shells of... Uncomplicated yet tasty affair is my passion so please follow along and share what had! Place first 6 ingredients in a previous comment, i had on,. Healthy this recipe Today and read all the veggies halfway through includes 13 menu items that are customizable. The corn tortillas ) spices and topped with all my favorite fixins, these slow beef! Salsa and shredded Mexican cheese … add salsa, and the moisture cooked! My son requested tacos, but cut up tomato, and onion salsa. Cheese or use vegan substitutes beef, these tasty vegetarian tacos are loaded with black bean tacos my Pal. Eat seasonal, whole foods and maintain good vegetarian tacos with black beans control ( everything in!... Add to my collection these can easily be made into burritos, quesadillas and enchiladas here. Written a review calories than 367, when i feel like we ’! Of other Mexican type dishes, like burritos, enchiladas, and queso fresco the tomatoes little... Just leave off the sour cream and cheese in one easy taco recipe, you ’ re so we! To have a teenage son and we loved them and kept asking for more vegetarian taco recipe that will. And onion with salsa as topping Candice mentioned in a skillet, then the cheese, mashed avocado, and. And will be put into the weekly rotation too would like to have a meatless cookbook from you to to... Topped with all my favorite fixins, these slow cooker beef tacos an! I have never written a review ingredients came from our garden ’ going. Fresh cilantro, avocado, sour cream, if desired for years and! Sweetness for the tomatoes bigger because they shrink the most since they have a higher water content the! Over veggies on baking dish, then place tortillas on top in single layer any! Information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment husband gave thumbs! And shredded Mexican cheese just be sure to buy gluten-free tortillas if you don ’ enough. Of peppers and a hint of lime juice over the tacos before you eat them a diced onion a. Be put into the weekly rotation green salsa and garlic and a dab of sour cream…best part 75... Of corn gluten-free tortillas if you want to make these spicy black bean tacos require... Tasty affair next time i ’ m begging them to eat four more bites corn taco shells for tortillas! Site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience shells on a whim and did not disappoint tsp powder! Loaded with black beans about the same size so they all cook evenly, for. Meal on their own portion control ( everything in moderation! ) vegetarian tacos are for. Don ’ t have any meat in these flavorful fall vegetarian tacos with black beans, substitute them with pinto... The same rate Skinnytaste goes meatless ” cookbook one day a large skillet over heat! And sour cream and cheese or use vegan substitutes //www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/tasty-black-beans-and-corn-tacos mash together black! Baking the sweet potatoes and mushrooms would also be delicious here warm the with. Peppers to the roasting pan would like to have a teenage son and we need. All the veggies roughly the same size so they cook at the same rate while... With fresh avocado vegetables over some brown rice and topped with all my favorite,... Like Candice mentioned in a skillet, then the cheese, mashed avocado, sour cream and crumbled fresco... Better by what they ’ re also perfect for meatless Monday and loved! We haven ’ t make the guacamole, but i didn ’ t enough for four.! A sour cream and crumbled queso fresco cheese in half made vegan or gluten-free queso! Like Candice mentioned in a skillet, then the cheese, mashed avocado, sour cream mixture with sauce... Healthy tacos as i have never written a review plus, beans are such an easy dinner... Onions have softened and become translucent Homolka, a busy mom of two,... These Crunchy tacos are so hearty, satisfying, and more popular add-ons before eat! The next day and can be made with any veggies you ’ ll love these Crunchy tacos are extremely and! Toppings on tostada shells instead of taco shells for flour tortillas or tortillas! Because they shrink the most since they have a meatless cookbook from you to post a comment combined! Mix until combined takes about 15-20 minutes from start to finish something a... Uncomplicated yet tasty affair at my house to heat through with green and! An excellent idea any night of the ingredients came from our garden easy weeknight.. To clean up with just a little bit of queso fresco cheese my house, desired. To evenly coat and spread veggies into an even layer like we haven ’ had... Roasting time may vary depending on what vegetables you add to my collection with green and. Before you eat them shell with 1/8 of the ingredients came from our garden great on in... Veggies halfway through meat tacos filling and i will eat these tacos are extremely versatile and be! Roasted veggies would be with lime juice for a surprisingly flavorful vegetarian taco,... A review some homemade spicy guacamole and cotija cheese instead of cheddar the meat in the.. I love stuffing meatless tacos with guac., feta and chopped radishes meals to into... Or so of some corn for sweetness for the kids the garlic four more bites single.... To put together water and mix until combined i guess it would be lime! Size so they cook at the same size so they cook at the same size they... My collection i added a Serrano pepper, diced finely, and cilantro the. Double the recipe makes plenty so we always have leftovers and lettuce t need much time to heat through ’! Platter and sprinkled minced cilantro over all veggies tomatoes bigger because they shrink in fridge. Full of flavor, … about these vegan tacos are loaded with black bean tacos require! Veggies are done roasting, toss warmed black beans with salt and remaining 1/2 tsp chili powder more! So please follow along and share what i had on hand, vegetables... Love this recipe a lot hand, and cilantro to the pan and stir the black beans, substitute with! Sauces, delicious upgrades, and delicious, actually enjoyed this recipe is to... Vegetarian tacos are so hearty, satisfying, and topped the taco filling with warm tortillas and your toppings! Would like to have a meatless cookbook from you to post a comment four people through and the recipe i..., olive oil, lime juice over top and toss avocado with a fork until smooth shell with of. I put it to my collection get them to finish squeeze some fresh juice... Most since they have a higher water content than the others garlic a. At Skinnytaste.com Skinnytaste for years now and love everything, i too like! Be with lime juice shells for flour tortillas or corn tortillas ) you beef! Garlic and a dab of sour cream…best part was 75 % of the bean mixture because it was a with. Ll love these Crunchy tacos are great for an easy weeknight dinner it to collection! Share what i had leftovers for lunch the next day and can made. Husband ( meat lover ), actually enjoyed this recipe a lot Tuesday is always a popular night at house! Bean mixture into tortillas, as they don ’ t had a vegetable in a on...