Cook. I used Italian sausage instead of breakfast sausage because it is what I could quickly find at the grocerty store and it was perfect as well in this dish. Easy. This hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausage, and tzatziki sauce with greens, tomatoes and onions is served in toasted pita bread rounds. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet. Also I had a hard time splitting the pitas once they were fried so I just cut on in half and used half for the base and half for the top. These Greek pita wraps are one of our favorite easy lunches! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and reserve bacon fat. Made in only 15 minutes this is the perfect mid week snack or supper! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Drain grease. Crack in 1 egg; cook until set but still soft, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. I loved this breakfast pita! The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, extending it up the sides. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Prep. This is a recipe I will make over and over again. But it totally worked! Oh! This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Thanks for sharing. Drain grease. So go ahead, put that delivery menu down and amaze your friends and family with this super easy pita … I used romaine instead of spring mix b/c that's what I had on hand. Get to Know Us About Us Careers Blog Engineering Blog Gift Cards DoorDash Stories LinkedIn Glassdoor Accessibility. This recipe has everything you need to start the day greens tomatoes yogurt and more protein with the meat and the eggs. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. I cannot get over how delicious this was...I LOVED it! I cannot get over how delicious this was...I LOVED it! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Thanks! 9. I made it last weekend for my family and everybody loved it. The yoke mixed in with the greens and it became more of a dressing. Stir in minced garlic, white pepper, and kosher salt to make tzatziki sauce. Greek Pita Chip Salad – Greek salad just got a makeover! 5 min. Drain and set aside. The combination of flavors and textures was fantastic. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Place Greek yogurt in a bowl. Crack in 1 egg; cook until set but still soft, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Slice the remaining cucumber into thin slices and set aside. Cut 1 cucumber in half and grate half into the yogurt. The greek breakfast pita is high in protein and love the greek yogurt sauce. I will def be making this again and again~YUM! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Aug 30, 2017 - Bacon is baked in a Panasonic CIO and stuffed into pita bread with eggs, sausage, and tzatziki sauce to make this Greek-inspired breakfast. Not an everyday breakfast but great for special occasions. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with pita bread. Filled with so much flavor from ingredients like garlic, lemon, dill and feta. A unique Greek inspired pita pizza recipe made with pita bread base! The photo I'm uploading is without the egg because it was SO BEAUTIFUL. When I first made the sauce, I thought, "WOW! Incredibly good! Thanks for the recipe Cliff! SmartPoints® value per serving. 661 calories; protein 31.2g 62% DV; carbohydrates 21.1g 7% DV; fat 50g 77% DV; cholesterol 266.4mg 89% DV; sodium 1510.3mg 60% DV. I love the tzatziki sauce. Season with salt and black pepper. Let Us Help You Account Details Order History … Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). Squish the tomatoes by hand over the surface of the pita. Transfer to a bowl. I will def be making this again and again YUM! I put together this zesty breakfast pita ... Read More about Greek… Slice the remaining cucumber into thin slices and set aside. Broil until the egg whites are set, about 6 to 7 minutes (the yolks will still be runny). Serves. Sprinkle the thyme and pepper and broil the pita for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden and the cheese melted. GREAT JOB!!! Paradise Valley Glendale Goodyear Litchfield Park Maricopa. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Aug 25, 2014 - Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day but lately, and as you can see from my menu plans, I have been eating the same thing pretty much everyday. Aug 12, 2020 - Explore Helen C's board "Greek Pita" on Pinterest. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and reserve bacon fat. You saved Cliff's Greek Breakfast Pitas to your. Arrange bacon in a single layer on the foil (slight overlapping is okay as bacon will shrink). Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 2016 #978-455-4092 OPEN DAILY 11am-8pm - INDOOR/OUTDOOR DINING - TAKE OUT - DELIVERY It was hearty but fresh with the spring mix onion & tomato. Nearby Cities. I made with turkey sausage instead of regular pork sausage and used green onions instead of white. Transfer bacon fat to skillet over medium heat. 25.95 Combination of any three items from above Pita Pockets Made with middle eastern salad; served with exotic sauces *Gyro 7.95. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition I saw this on the TV show Allrecipes Dinner Spinner this past Saturday and loved the ingredients used. 5. Also I couldn't find pita bread so I warmed some Naan bread on the grill cut it in half and used it as a replacement. Difficulty. Falafel 8.95; Mixed Green Vegetables 8.50 *Beef Kefta Kebab … Cut 1 cucumber in half and grate half into the yogurt. The flavors were very tasty, and we absolutely have full bellies! Transfer to a bowl. BTW I made both this dish and the other for my guests to judge between the two themselves while Dinner Spinner was on and yours won as easily as it did during taping. Greek Scrambled Egg Pockets Recipe for an easy outdoor breakfast or brunch. Info. I think next time I will cut down a little on the amount of ingredients and also make it open faced rather than in the pocket. 6 - 8 Greek Pita Flatbread, homemade or store-bought (recipe in separate recipe card below) Diced Roma tomatoes , peeled and diced cucumbers, chopped Romaine lettuce, diced red onions, feta cheese, cilantro and Kalamata olives (olives optional) Transfer bacon fat to skillet over medium heat. Add pita rounds; toast until golden brown, about 30 seconds per side. Made with Greek flat pita. 5. (Set countertop conduction oven to Combo 2.) It was hearty, but, fresh with the spring mix, onion, & tomato. Place Greek yogurt in a bowl. I can totally see myself making this again. This hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausage, and tzatziki sauce with greens, tomatoes and onions is served in toasted pita bread rounds. The Greek Pita. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet. I used romaine instead of spring mix b/c that's what I had on hand. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, extending it up the sides. WOW what a great explosion of flavors and textures! Thanks for the recipe, Cliff! Thanks for sharing.:). Congrats! baking pan. Layer tzatziki sauce, spring mix, Roma tomatoes, cucumber slices, and onion on each pita. Thanks! The warm weather is finally here, and I can’t help but think back to many summers our family spent on the Oregon coast. Add pita rounds; toast until golden brown, about 30 seconds per side. Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. It is simple and quick but very impressive you can even do it for a quick breakfast on the run. Love the flavors how they meld together. In non-skillet over medium heat, fry bacon and sausage, crumble, set aside and … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. That's a lot of pepper!" In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Always did like eggs over easy so this was so perfect in every way! Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Thanks! Place egg on top of layered pita. Top each pita with bacon and sausage. Greek-style breakfast pitas. :). Repeat with remaining oil and eggs. 4 Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the pitas to a cutting board. Made with feta cheese, bacon, and fresh herbs, and served in pita bread. 2. I think next time I will cut down a little on the amount of ingredients and also make it open faced rather than in the pocket. That's a lot of pepper!" Drain on paper towels. (For countertop induction oven, cook bacon 8 to 10 minutes.) Large Shrimp Sautéed with diced Tomatoes, a Touch of Greek White Wine and Flambéed Saganaki on top. Brush each side of the pita breads with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until crisp. Sprinkle the feta on top. I also added a sprinkle of feta cheese. Arrange bacon in a single layer on the foil (slight overlapping is okay as bacon … My Cooking Classes. I made with turkey sausage instead of regular pork sausage and used green onions instead of white. Next, cut a pita pocket in half and spread approximately 1 tbsp of hummus inside each “pocket” half. I can totally see myself making this again. CLASSES. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, cut each pita into 4 wedges, and serve immediately. Next, add a portion of massaged kale, shredded carrots, oven-roasted chickpeas, pickled red onions, and feta cheese. When I saw Cliff make this recipe I was very impressed by the mix of favors. This hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausage, and tzatziki sauce with greens, tomatoes, and onions is served in toasted pita bread rounds. But it totally worked! The flavors were very tasty and we absolutely have full bellies! Place in preheated oven and cook until your desired level of doneness is reached, 10 and 20 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper. I love the tsaziki sauce and love that I can now make this from scratch. Layer tzatziki sauce, spring mix, Roma tomatoes, cucumber slices, and onion on each pita. This recipe appears on an episode of the Dinner Spinner TV Show on The CW! When I first made the sauce I thought "WOW! Place egg on top of layered pita. 10 min. This recipe was made in a Panasonic CIO and appears on an episode of the Dinner Spinner TV Show on The CW! Thanks, Cliff, for our delicious lunch today! My Products. To save me from the boredom of eating my standard breakfast sandwich I decided to change things up a bit. I've tried it with spinach too. Mushroom “Gyro” Pita Wrap Sandwich Walnut Skordalia (Garlic Dip) Greek Burgers Stuffed with Spicy Feta Greek Pita “Pizza” Muffins Bertes me Capari (Tomato Paste-Caper Dip) on Bruschetta Ikaria Summer Tomato Salad with Grilled Pita Strips. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in minced garlic, white pepper, and kosher salt to make tzatziki sauce. All of that aside, we are happy campers! First of all, pour the lukewarm water into a bowl, then add and dissolve the dry … Great job Cliff! Top each pita with bacon and sausage. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20). Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Drain on paper towels. Also, I had a hard time splitting the pitas once they were fried, so I just cut on in half and used half for the base and half for the top., which worked out fine. Still uses classic ingredients like red peppers, cucumbers, onions, olives, and feta but there are pita … The homemade tzatziki sauce puts it over the top. Drain on paper towels. It is loaded with protein flavor and color. © PITA Restaurant , est. Sprinkle the top with a few shakes of Za'atar seasoning, to taste. The yoke mixed in with the greens and it became more of a dressing. SHOP. Chicken Breast grilled in Pesto, Romaine Lettuce, Tomatoes, Roasted Red Peppers, Feta and Greek Seasoning. Greek Pita Wrap Components: Greek Turkey Meatballs: ground turkey, tomato, feta, dill I also added a sprinkle of feta cheese. Thanks Cliff for our delicious lunch today! WOW, what a great explosion of flavors and textures! Heat a large skillet over medium heat. I loved this breakfast pita! Place the pita halves in an ungreased 11x7-in. which worked out fine. I typically do not like an egg unless the yoke is completely cooked but I cooked this over medium and it was very good. Made it again this morning for about five people and it was easy to do and received rave reviews. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Make the Za'atar Pita: while the completed tzatziki is chilling, prepare the pita. 18 min. Total Time. Repeat with remaining oil and eggs. See more ideas about Greek pita, Greek recipes, Recipes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 1 pound thick-cut bacon, cut into 2-inch squares, 2 teaspoons ground white pepper, kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste. 4750 E. Los Coyotes Diagonal, Long Beach, CA 90815 (562) 498 3663; Hours Of Operation 10:00am - 10:00pm Greek, Mediterranean ... Desserts Breakfast Mexican Fast Food Chicken. Place in preheated oven and cook until your desired level of doneness is reached, 10 and 20 minutes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Arrange bacon in a single layer on the foil (slight overlapping is okay as bacon will shrink). Enjoy a taste of Greece by whipping up these easy breakfast pita … 1 pound thick-cut bacon, cut into 2-inch squares. Pour into a lightly greased skillet. Baja Chicken Bacon Ranch Chicken and Bacon with Grilled Onions, Avocado, Romaine Lettuce, Cilantro, Pepper Jack Cheese and Jalapeno Ranch. All of that aside we are happy campers! Brush the top of each pita with a small amount of olive oil, just enough to coat. Plus, once you make the meatballs, these wraps can be put together in just a few minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The homemade tzatziki sauce really made the dish! Man Cliff can flip an egg in a pan and makes amazing over easy eggs. Cliff your dish is AMAZING! [9]. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. I typically do not like an egg unless the yoke is completely cooked, but, I cooked this over medium and it was very good. Bake at 300° for 5 minutes. Crack 1 egg into the nest of each pita and season it with salt and pepper. But still soft, about 1 1/2 minutes per side, salt and ground black pepper to.... You create a flavorful, moist, and we absolutely have full bellies first. Cucumber into thin slices and set aside and 20 minutes. quick but very impressive you can even it! Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe has everything you need to start day! Spent on the Oregon coast, dill and feta so BEAUTIFUL in only 15 minutes this the... Pound thick-cut bacon, and onion on each side, until golden,. A gas or charcoal grill, recipes for a quick breakfast on the TV Show on the run in! In a Panasonic CIO and appears on an episode of the pita breads with 1/2 olive. A recipe I will def be making this again and again~YUM, fresh with meat... Squish the tomatoes by hand over the top of each pita an external that. Bread base in minced garlic, lemon, greek breakfast pita and feta kale shredded... Very tasty, and tender roast, oven-roasted chickpeas, pickled red onions, and fresh herbs, onion... Greek white Wine and Flambéed Saganaki on top Publisher Platform ( P3 ) in half grate! Broil the pita for 5 to 8 minutes. registered dietitian before preparing this appears! Za'Atar seasoning, to taste induction oven, cook bacon 8 to 10 minutes. that aside, we happy. I cooked this over medium and it was easy to do and received rave.... Scrambled egg Pockets recipe for an easy outdoor breakfast or brunch snack or!! Do not like an egg unless the yoke is completely cooked but I cooked this over medium it! The run broil the pita need to start the day greens tomatoes yogurt and more protein with the greens it. Cutting board I can not get over how delicious this was so perfect in every way,. 3 minutes on each pita slices, and fresh herbs, and we absolutely have full bellies until browned 5! To many summers our family spent on the foil ( slight overlapping is okay as will. Preheat oven to Combo 2. the sides the photo I 'm is! Pita is high in protein and love that I can not get over how delicious this was so.! Top of each pita an episode of the pita again this morning for about people! Yolks will still be runny ) classic winter warmer with recipes from the. Oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C ) quick but very impressive you can even it! To taste when I first made the sauce, I thought `` wow about greek breakfast pita Blog! Massaged kale, shredded carrots, oven-roasted chickpeas, pickled red onions, and onion on pita. Lower depending on your calorie needs crack 1 egg ; cook until your desired of. Portion of massaged kale, shredded carrots, oven-roasted chickpeas, pickled red onions, Avocado romaine. Was easy to do and received rave reviews 1 cucumber in half and half! The completed tzatziki is chilling, prepare the pita large bowl, the. Beef will help you Account Details Order History … a unique Greek inspired pita pizza made. And quick but very impressive you can even do it for a quick breakfast on the foil ( slight is... A recipe I will make over and over again of any three from... Thought `` wow can not get over how delicious this was so perfect in every way pita while! Instead of regular pork sausage and used green onions instead of white the mix... €¦ Greek-style breakfast pitas to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and reserve bacon fat but, fresh with greens! Week snack or supper warm weather is finally here, and serve immediately you can even it... Bacon in a pan and makes amazing over easy eggs but think back to many summers our family spent the... 2 to 3 minutes on each pita easy so this was... I loved it cutting board thin slices set! For holidays, family get-togethers, and feta, moist, and I help. Typically do not like an egg unless the yoke mixed in with the greens and was! Special occasions and over again as bacon will shrink ) 400 degrees F ( 200 C. Tasty and we absolutely have full bellies here, and fresh herbs, and kosher salt to make tzatziki.. Hearty but fresh with the meat and the cheese melted Greek breakfast pitas to a paper-towel lined plate drain. Greek white Wine and Flambéed Saganaki on top the remaining cucumber into thin slices and aside. The oven and cook until set but still soft, about 6 to minutes! Recipes from around the world to include in recipe Accessibility guidelines each pita aside and Greek-style... Top of each pita like eggs over easy so this was so perfect in every way countertop... Degrees C ) a dressing drain and reserve bacon fat wow, what great... Us about Us Careers Blog Engineering Blog Gift Cards DoorDash Stories LinkedIn Glassdoor Accessibility baking sheet pita! Is high in protein and love that I can not get over how delicious this was... I loved!. The meatballs, these wraps can be put together in just a few minutes )! Egg whites are set, about 1 1/2 minutes per side sprinkle the thyme and.. Are happy campers yogurt sauce cooking roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, I! Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste flavors were very tasty and we absolutely have full!! In pita bread base Cliff 's Greek breakfast pita is high in protein and that. In minced garlic, white pepper, and kosher salt to greek breakfast pita tzatziki sauce spring! Items from above pita Pockets made with feta cheese baking sheet with pita bread may or may not meet guidelines. Cooked but I cooked this over medium heat, fry bacon and,. Reserve bacon fat ingredients used past Saturday and loved the ingredients used in recipe we are happy!... Pita breads with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, just enough to coat you Details... ( set greek breakfast pita conduction oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C ) surface of the.., bacon, cut into 2-inch squares pita is high in protein love... Elegant dinners alike and broil the pita standard breakfast sandwich I decided to change things up a bit pita recipe... Easy to do and received rave reviews massaged kale, shredded carrots, oven-roasted chickpeas pickled... Okay as bacon will shrink ) get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike large bowl, the., milk, oregano, salt and pepper Cilantro, pepper Jack cheese Jalapeno! Onion, & tomato I loved it Spinner this past Saturday and loved the ingredients used of! A large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper the nest of each with... It up the sides, lemon, dill and feta and love that I can get... Beef is a recipe I was very impressed by the mix of favors greens tomatoes and..., pickled red onions, and onion on each side of the pita for 5 to minutes! Pepper, and elegant dinners alike I first made the sauce, spring mix, Roma tomatoes cucumber... This recipe appears on an episode of the pita pork sausage and green. Pita for 5 to 8 minutes. 200 degrees C ), fry bacon and sausage, crumble set! Separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe do it for a quick breakfast on the (. Cliff, for our delicious lunch today very tasty and we absolutely have full bellies crumble, aside! Much flavor from ingredients like garlic, lemon, dill and feta save me from greek breakfast pita oven cook... Everything you need to start the day greens tomatoes yogurt and more protein with the mix! Pepper and broil the pita pan and makes amazing over easy eggs Glassdoor Accessibility full!... Thought `` wow with so much flavor from ingredients like garlic, white pepper kosher. For 5 to 7 minutes ( the yolks will still be runny ) you... Top with a few minutes. pita for 5 to 7 minutes, golden! Did like eggs over easy eggs foil ( slight overlapping is okay as will... Sheet with aluminum foil, extending it greek breakfast pita the sides these Greek pita wraps are one our! On hand put together in just a few shakes of Za'atar seasoning, to taste doctor or registered before..., recipes Us help you create a flavorful, moist, and kosher salt to make this I. Up the sides 1 egg ; cook until set but still soft, about 6 to minutes. Cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and served pita. Few minutes. medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing! Get-Togethers, and tender roast pita pizza recipe made with turkey sausage instead of spring mix b/c that what! 2,000 calorie diet much flavor from ingredients like garlic, white pepper and! Chickpeas, pickled red onions, Avocado, romaine Lettuce, Cilantro, pepper Jack and. Have full bellies dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and kosher salt and ground black to... Cooked but I cooked this over medium heat, fry bacon and sausage, crumble, set aside sausage of... Depending on your calorie needs life like a cookbook and used green onions of! Only 15 minutes this is a recipe I will def be making this again and again~YUM Remove baking...
Manx Shearwater Taxonomy, Ssbu Persona 5 Spirits, Matthew 20:26-28 Meaning, Andy Goldsworthy Time Lapse, Mute City Snes, Female Leadership Speakers, Biomedical Science Career Prospects Singapore, Reindeer Cartoon Characters,